Mexigasms.

You don't know what a Mexigasm is? It's when you eat Mexican food that is SO good, something really amazing happens in your mouth. You still don't understand? That's because you haven't eaten at Taco Veloz.  It's this little yellow building next to the Conoco on 4th and Federal and it will rock your socks off. Hands down the best Mexican food I have had in the U.S. and maybe ever.


I ate the first dish. I forced my friend Aimee to consume the quesadilla with asada y pina (beef and pineapple) because I wanted to watch her eat it. How selfish am I? No, but really, if I had to choose one last meal before I died, it would be this quesadilla. It's because of the meat. They do an AMAZING job of seasoning. Thus, my meal was incredible also. A little heavy on the cheese, but who am I kidding. I LOVE cheese. You should check this place out, now.

Yesterday this really cool guy I know wanted to make me dinner, so he went out of his way to make it Paleo. Pretty awesome, right?
Chicken + cucumber + cheese + lettuce wraps = awesome. 
I like him. 

I am also obsessed with pistachios. I am finding the shells anywhere and everywhere. When I was little I used to suck on the shells because I liked the salt and throw the nut out. I bet my Mom really hated that. 

Here's what I am learning from Paleo so far:

1.  You have to find staples that you like and are comfortable making over and over again. (Like eggs and spinach - and then add variations like scrambled vs over easy, or with sweet potatoes, avocado, salsa, etc, or bunless burgers and add things like fried eggs, guacamole, bacon, whatever you like). I buy the meat already made into pattys and freeze it, because I don't like freezing and then thawing in order to make a patty and if you don't freeze it goes bad super fast. Make it easy for yourself. I also buy the guacamole and salsa already made. I. am. lazy. 

2. Have snacks that are easily accessible and you really enjoy, like pistachios, or Paleo Fig Fudge Balls.

3. Convince yourself that no matter where you eat, you CAN figure out how to eat Paleo. You might have to eat salads sometimes, or order burgers with extra lettuce instead of a bun (and then you can wrap it in lettuce) and order sweet potato fries instead of regular. Order grilled veggies on the side instead of whatever the dish is normally served with. Really, it's pretty easy to find meat on the menu. If you don't like meat, paleo is not for you. 

4. Find recipes that you can get excited about making when you have time. Here are a few of my favorite places to find recipes: 
jensgonepaleo

5. It's not that hard, or miserable. Except for when you go to the grocery store with someone who isn't eating Paleo and you're starving and they help themselves to the free cookies. Then it's upsetting. 

I think thats all. 
Happy Tuesday :). 

Comments

  1. Buy this book: http://www.amazon.com/Primal-Blueprint-Quick-Easy-Meals/dp/0982207743#reader_0982207743

    It is amazing. I'd buy it for you, but I'm incredibly poor right now (mainly b/c I had so much fun w/ you in CO). :)

    But seriously, it's amazing & varied & quick...I love it.

    And man, could I go for some tacos el pastor...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo! Okay, thak you! I will! Don't worry, I ate lots for you :).

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Who I Would Be

From the Heart

Finding perspective