First Day of Paleo

My friend Juli rocks my socks off. She runs this website called PaleOMG, and it is BRILLIANT. All of her recipes are amazing! She is also a serious badass in the gym. She is actually the person I stared at for two years while I contemplated getting off my ass to try crossfit. Yes, I stared at her for two years. Am I aware that I am a stalker/creeper? Yes. Anyways, she’s hilarious. You should read her blog. It’s like reading all those trash magazines, but way better because she’s totally real. She also loves food as much as I do… maybe more actually. Which means she loves food A LOT. But you’ll find that apparent when you read her blog.

I made her Crockpot Pork Green Chile. I chose this because a. It is a crockpot recipe and I need this stuff to be easy peasy when I am beginning! And b. Because it reminds me of the pork at Chipotle and Qdoba that I pay $7 for 3 oz of meat for all the time. That is dumb. But it’s delicious. This recipe is equally delicious, but better because YOU made it! Maybe it’s that when the onions make you cry your own tears literally go into the dish, and humans/animals are attracted to their own scent. Or maybe it’s the peppers that make your face burn so much you start sweating into the dish, and then run to the shower only to find out that hot water makes it worse. Word to the wise: don’t touch your face after you chop the jalapeƱo peppers!!! I warned you. 



This stuff is AMAZING! Someone suggested it with two eggs over medium on top. Juli ate it with an avacado, and I am stalker so that’s what I am going to try. But clearly, I have several meals here so I guess I can try both.

In this same day I went to Crossfit Broadway because Juli coaches. Okay, now I am starting to get creeped out by myself. She’s a phenomenal coach, and the people there are AWESOME. To tell you the truth I haven’t met a crossfitter that I don’t like. Her roommate came too. She was eating a paleo muffin. WHAT? Yeah… I know. You CAN do this paleo thing! Because there are paleo muffins. All is good now. And even better… she didn’t have to bake it herself! The coffee shop down the street called Sugar Bakeshop & Coffee House makes Paleo pastries! I heard that there is a place in Copper selling paleo goodies also! It’s the new age people! Catch on, before you get left behind. 
So obviously I had to go get one after I worked out. These muffins are WAY better than your non paleo muffin. This was a blueberry coconut paleo muffin. Am I saying paleo too much? Is it annoying you? My bad. It was moist and sweet and savory and delicious. I loved every bite. Okay, now go find a coffee shop in your town that sells paleo pastries and tell me about it! 

Comments

  1. That pork green chile is gonna be in my belly asap. Thanks girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yayyy!! It's SO good... except a certain someone told me it makes my breath smell bad. I guess that's what happens when you eat it for every meal lol. Thanks for commenting :)).

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Who I Would Be

From the Heart

Finding perspective